SENIOR SOFTWARE TESTER / TEST ANALYST (TECH INDUSTRY – PERMANENT, SOUTH MANCHESTER): NEW ROLE WITH AN EXCITING GROWING TECH BUSINESS, SALARY £45-50K DEP ON EXPERIENCE AND SENIORITY LEVEL PLUS BRILLIANT BENEFITS AND ENVIRONMENT – FLEXIBLE WORKING, HACK DAYS, EQUITY. LIFE ASSURANCE AND MORE!
We are presently seeking a number of permanent Java Developers and Senior Developers for our client, an exciting and fast growing Tech business. These roles are required due to the growth of their business. This is an exceptional opportunity to be a key part of the operational and IT function of a Tech company that is quite simply taking off, and offering huge potential for personal development.
To define and manage the processes of providing as many high-quality, robust, well documented data-connectors as possible across all products.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To manage the ongoing relationship with our database driver vendors to ensure we get fast, high-quality support and fixes
- To find and manage relationships with new database driver vendors as required to deliver integrations determined to be a priority
- To work with SaaS vendors to provision and manage low-cost sandbox/test systems for use across the business (particularly test)
Define Representative Test Data
- To define what reasonable test data looks like for each integrated system
- To work with the Operations team to provide a method for ingesting test data into a system (for initial testing, ongoing regression testing, fact-checking customer queries and bug reports)
- To define a set of expected results from that test data in order to define acceptance criteria
- Assess cost/benefit of different implementation methods (which vendor to utilise, which framework to use, or entirely custom-developed)
- Using information, work with integration team to decide how best to implement each integration
Prioritise competing development tasks
- New integrations can be prioritised according to value (based on ARR Levers, Utility and demand)
- Bug Fixes can be prioritised according to their Severity and Impact
- Feed into Release Planning sessions and ongoing review sessions to give visibility to the wider business of the current state of integrations development
- Work with the R&D Manager to provide competitor analysis as it pertains to integrations
Bug and Feature Triage
- To be an escalation point for integration-related bugs to help understand their impact and severity on likely customer scenarios
- To help reproduce bugs that are highly-specific to a given use-case
Product Marketing Liaison
- The Integrations Product Manager contributes to the Product Marketing team, communicating the integrations product roadmap vision and providing detailed content for Documentation.
- To collaborate with Product Marketing to understand and document the personas, particularly buyer personas, encountered in our ecosystem in order to help Product Marketing best promote our offerings with regard to integrations
- To understand and document integrations available in various competitor tools, their features, and how they overlap.
Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skills Required
- Good awareness of the market-fit for various relational and non-relational databases, their use-cases and customer base
- Experience of migrating data from one system to another (e.g. Data Warehousing, Data Migration or Systems Integration)
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience of working with multiple relational databases
- Experience of working with at least one major non-relational database
- Experience of working directly with APIs to retrieve data
- Awareness of the market-fit for various data-driven business tools e.g. Salesforce, Marketo, Stripe
- Experience of using the AWS, Google or Microsoft Clouds
Personal Capabilities Required, e.g. skills, attitude, strengths
- Determined – Keeping a clear vision for a deliverable and not having it derailed or weakened
- Detailed – an eye for detail is essential, this is primarily a technical role and you will be required to understand the minutiae of SQL, API calls, 3rd party technical documentation and so on
- Persuasive and Convincing demeanour – success in this role will require effort from other people and teams, therefore getting people on-side and motivating them to achieve shared goals will be important. This will mostly be achieved by convincing everyone you are the expert on integrations
- Forward-looking – excellent planning and organisational skills
Is This You?
If you fit the bill as described above do not delay – send your application to us and we will be in touch to discuss within 24 hours. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to be part of a successful, fast growing business with an extremely bright future and huge potential.