SENIOR DEVELOPER. BASED IN LEOMINSTER HEREFORDSHIRE. EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN ONE OF EUROPES LEADING ONLINE, OFF PRICE RETAILERS. SALARY 45K.
Our client is one of Europe’s leading online, off price retailers offering the world’s biggest brands at the lowest prices. Our client has over 2 million customers and 104 million website visits a year.
This would be an exciting opportunity for a senior developer to utilise their skills and work within our client’s expanding development team. You will be developing the website, applications and supporting services ensuring a consistently high level of quality. Working within a development scrum team you will be designing and developing new code and maintaining existing code ensuring that standards and principles are followed. You will be responsible for the technical design of solutions along with mentoring your fellow team members. You will be working alongside BA’s, technical leads, developers and QA testers to create and review stories and features.
- Understanding the agile ceremonies with the ability to perform good and accurate estimation of work items/story pointing
- Refining for estimates and acceptance criteria
- Demonstrating development and mentoring of colleagues and monitoring their development and helping wherever necessary
- Assisting with identifying and communicating training and development needs
- Remaining approachable at all times and always happy to help colleagues with issues
- Demonstrating an intermediate level of communication, clearly and accurately (written/verbal) with business stakeholders/Product Owners/users, customers and suppliers. Actively communicating at all levels using the appropriate media.
- Ensuring that development standards and principles are followed
- Keeping up to date with knowledge of all development processes including industry standard branching/merging strategies, software development lifecycles and the principles around configuration, encryption and security
- Performing peer reviews on code to ensure that development and security principles are followed.
The Main Requirements:
- Commercial experience in the full SDLC developing web-based solutions (Inc. applications and supporting services)
- Experience in asynchronous processing, multi-threaded execution and scaling software
- Experience using TDD and BDD and developing with up to 100% unit test coverage
- An awareness of schemas for relational database or object stores and understands when to use each
- Some experience with mocked or stubbed services
- Very strong attention to detail
- Good knowledge of automation and the CI/CD process and consider operational requirements when developing solutions
- Knowledge of encryption within .NET and the ability to understand when and why we use it
- Ideal candidates would demonstrate an interest and curiosity in new technologies, methodologies, best practices, self-development, and open-mindedness and would be self-motivated showing a personal responsibility for tasks and like working on a variety of projects.
- Looking for someone who loves the latest cutting edge tech, who likes a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- The company is extremely cutting edge so someone with cloud-based experience and a degree of automation skills would be an advantage.
If the above describes you, then we want to speak with you as soon as possible. Send your CV to us and if you fit the bill then we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the role and our client in more detail.
- Salary Offer 45k