PRODUCT OWNER(TECH INDUSTRY – PERMANENT, SOUTH MANCHESTER): NEW ROLE WITH AN EXCITING GROWING TECH BUSINESS, SALARY TO £65K DEP ON EXPERIENCE PLUS BRILLIANT BENEFITS AND ENVIRONMENT – FLEXIBLE WORKING, HACK DAYS, EQUITY. LIFE ASSURANCE AND MORE!
We are presently seeking a product owner for our client, an exciting and fast growing Tech business. These roles are required due to the growth of their business. This is an exceptional opportunity to be a key part of the operational and IT function of a Tech company that is quite simply taking off, and offering huge potential for personal development.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Take a high level requirement and work with the Product Design team to define the details.
- Document detailed user stories for Engineering Team.
- Participate in the evaluation of new technologies and opportunities for integration in our platform.
- Take Ownership of Product Features through Development Cycle
- Contribute to the development of the product roadmap by owning and driving meaningful initiatives through the software development lifecycle.
- Lead scrum meetings including Sprint Planning, standups, retrospectives, and demos.
- Make product decisions based on evidence that provides a clear rationale why features should, and should not, be prioritised.
- Understand the key technology and architectural capabilities and constraints of our platforms to facilitate decision-making.
- Contribute to Marketing Collateral on Product Features
- Provide relevant information to the Product Marketing team for upcoming new features for implementations and release notes.
- Demonstrate the latest iterations to internal stakeholders and gather feedback.
- Write blogs and videos highlighting new functionality with real life use cases for customers and prospects.
- Live the client’s values; reflects client’s values through demonstrating positive behaviours.
Essential knowledge and skills
- Familiar with ETL concepts.
- Familiar with at least one cloud data warehouse.
- Familiar with modern cloud technologies, at least one of AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Familiar with Agile development approach
- Detailed – an eye for detail is essential, this is primarily a technical role and you will be required to understand the minutiae of SQL, API calls, 3rd party technical documentation and so on
- Customer Oriented – this role is to act as the customer advocate for the product feature
- Able to Multitask
Desirable knowledge and skills
- A degree in a computing or IT related subject.
- A working knowledge of Jira (or similar Issue Tracking software)
- Familiar with multiple modern cloud technologies.
- Familiar with multiple cloud data warehouses.
- Familiar with at least one ETL product
- Familiar with reading data from API sources
- Familiar with basic database concepts
- Comfortable talking to customers
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Comfortable negotiating with partners
- Experience with different ETL or Data Migration tools
Is This You?
If you fit the bill as described above do not delay – send your application to us and we will be in touch to discuss within 24 hours. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to be part of a successful, fast growing business with an extremely bright future and huge potential.
- Salary Offer 55k-65k