NETWORK ARCHITECT – 12 MONTH INITIAL CONTRACT WITH LONGER TERM POTENTIAL (BASINGSTOKE): CIRCA £500 PER DAY DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE. WORLD LEADING MULTINATIONAL COMPANY, FANTASTIC WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND ROLE. ‘START UP WITHIN A GLOBAL COMPANY – UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY!’
Our client is quite simply one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, with a reputation for being one of the best organisations to work for globally, they offer a fantastic working environment. We are presently seeking a Network Architect to join our client’s team on an initial 12 month contract.
The Network Architect will be accountable for all telecommunication and network services globally, covering Telephony, Contact Centre, LAN, WLAN, SDWAN, DNS, DHCP, security etc.
The role requires good technical knowledge of the disciplines above, as well as the understanding of how the domains operate together. Experience of enterprise delivery and the ability to articulate complex technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences will be of great benefit. The role will work closely with the Chief Network Architect and enterprise architecture community, helping to integrate the Network workstream with the rest of the technical environment.
Key Skills we are seeking:
Telephony with Microsoft Teams
Site network rollouts
Solution design process
Handover of solutions to operations
Transition of solution to managed service providers
This is in addition to having the good foundation in WAN, LAN and WLAN.
This is a new Enterprise Technology team, focusing on Infrastructure, where none currently exists and looking to take the opportunity to think differently, build for the future and leverage modern technologies, services and processes across all areas of infrastructure. It is hugely exciting as a ‘start-up within an enterprise’. It offers the best of both worlds – both start up and a large global company!
Driving Architecture Leadership
Planning, assessing and executing the global network strategy, including development of a clear execution plan. Identifying opportunities to optimize the network architecture delivery approach to drive efficiency. Identifying and positioning new network technologies that yield competitive advantage.
Driving Technical Leadership
- Providing network architecture technical consultancy to guide decision-making for DevOps team
- Serving on various forums to consult on projects and programmes to ensure they are technically sound and will deliver the expected outcomes.
- Working with company partners across the architecture community and Information Security, helping to identify opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Where required, deep diving key initiatives to help overcome major incidents, complex problems and/or realise opportunities.
- Helping to embed security, privacy, data protection and quality assurance across IT.
Running External Engagement
- Being the focal point for delivery planning with delivery partners and business for your domains.
- Engaging in the enterprise architecture community across multiple channels, to share proposed designs and delivery approaches and gain input and acceptance from the wider technical group.
- Extensive experience in technology project delivery, working within complex, global environments.
- Extensive experience designing and delivering enterprise technology solutions.
- Extensive experience in Telephony, Contact Centre, LAN, WLAN, WAN, DNS, DHCP and security
- Experience working with modern architecture methodologies (Service Orientated Architecture, API-Centric Design, Twelve-Factor App, FAIR, etc.)
- Demonstrated influence and communication skills across all levels of IT and third-parties.
- Demonstrated strength in facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational and communications skills with multiple examples of being able to convey complex ideas in a manner that resulted in a definitive direction and result.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree.
Desired: Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE or equivalent.
Occasional travel may be required.
Is This You?
If the above describes you, then we want to speak with you as soon as possible. Send your CV to us and if you fit the bill then we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the role and our client in more detail.
- Salary Offer 500 day rate
- Address Basingstoke