JAVA DEVELOPERS / SENIOR DEVELOPERS (TECH INDUSTRY – PERMANENT, SOUTH MANCHESTER): NEW ROLES WITH AN EXCITING GROWING TECH BUSINESS, SALARY £40-60K DEP ON EXPERIENCE AND SENIORITY LEVEL PLUS BRILLIANT BENEFITS AND ENVIRONMENT – FLEXIBLE WORKING, HACK DAYS, EQUITY. LIFE ASSURANCE AND MORE!
We are presently seeking a number of permanent Java Developers and Senior Developers for our client, an exciting and fast growing Tech business. These roles are required due to the growth of their business. This is an exceptional opportunity to be a key part of the operational and IT function of a Tech company that is quite simply taking off, and offering huge potential for personal development.
Development of UI based on mockups following UX guidelines. Work alongside other engineers to refine and break down stories to levels implementable by development. Development and improvements in confirmation testing (unit test, API test, automation, etc.).
- Research projects, including prototyping, to explore future opportunities
- Investigate new technologies
- Optimise the development process through use of automation, in-house and open source solution
- Develop new skills by working with other members of the team.
- Work with the Team Lead and Manager to identify training goals.
- Partake in technical discussions within the team.
- Actively identify and complete opportunities for self-training and external training
- Contribute to the team’s process of continual improvement.
- Responsive support to the customer-facing colleagues
- Analysis of logs to identify issues and provide solutions.
- Live company values through demonstrating positive behaviours.
- Demonstrable Java programming ability with some understanding of underpinning techniques,
- Object Oriented Design and Programming
- 2:1 or First class degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or similar technical degree
- Understanding of Databases and query languages (SQL). AWS Amazon Web Service, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure knowledge beneficial
- Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, JUnit, GWT, Maven, Jenkins, Linux, Scripting for CLI, CICD, tool automation, etc
- Agile methodologies such as Kanban and Scrum.
- Inquisitiveness- digging into problems and solutions to understand the underlying technology
- Autonomy – ability to work on a task and solve problems independently
- Motivation – sets personal challenges and constantly looking to stretch themselves
- Problem solving – recognition of problems and recasting difficult-to-solve problems in order to find unique and innovative solutions
- Integrity – honest and transparent in dealing, open to voice and accept criticism, is trustworthy and builds credibility through actions
- Detail focussed – pays attention to the details and can make a conscious effort to understand causes instead of just the effects
- Big picture aware – understands the scope and impact of a problem or solution
Is This You?
If you fit the bill as described above do not delay – send your application to us and we will be in touch to discuss within 24 hours. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to be part of a successful, fast growing business with an extremely bright future and huge potential.
- Salary Offer 40k-65k