JAVA COACH (TECH INDUSTRY – PERMANENT, SOUTH MANCHESTER): NEW ROLE WITH AN EXCITING GROWING TECH BUSINESS, SALARY TO £85K DEP ON EXPERIENCE PLUS BRILLIANT BENEFITS AND ENVIRONMENT – FLEXIBLE WORKING, HACK DAYS, EQUITY. LIFE ASSURANCE AND MORE! INCREDIBLE GROWING COMPANY AND A KEY ROLE OVERSEEING THE GROWTH OF DEVELOPMENT.
We are presently seeking a Java Coach for our client, an exciting and fast growing Tech business. This role is required due to the growth of their business. This is an exceptional opportunity to be a key part of leading the development of the in house team of a Tech company that is quite simply taking off.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the in-house Java coach uses expert knowledge of Java Software Development, to curate, build and deliver engaging content designed to suit a wide range of skill levels. Leveraging industry experience and a passion for the art of code, the role is fundamental to long term success and health of development teams.
We envisage the Java Coach role being able to unlock the maximum potential in teams. Whilst the Java Coach can be remote, significant time will be spent on-site with development teams around the UK.
Key areas of responsibility
– Consulting with team leaders to create a syllabus for introducing new engineers to the fundamentals of code style, architecture and code base.
– Working with individuals to identify their own knowledge gaps and and through structured bitesize courses helping them improve.
– Creation of e-learning resources (videos, self-guided tutorials etc).
– Creating and running learning sessions on software fundamentals, emerging topics and esoteric fun stuff.
– Assisting team leaders with training needs for their team members identified through 1-2-1 discussions.
– Pro-active in code review sessions to give support and consistency across a remotely distributed team.
– Work towards building a programme supporting apprenticeships, a new area of recruitment.
– Build bespoke Java training courses to support on-going initiatives; such as Java 8 to Java 9 upgrades.
– Offering 1-2-1 mentoring on an ad-hoc basis.
- Extensive demonstrable Java programming ability with in-depth understanding of underpinning techniques.
- Proven ability to deliver significant software projects
- Demonstrable knowledge of Databases and query languages (SQL)
- Experience in full software development life cycle from design to deployment using agile methodologies such as Kanban and Scrum
- Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Demonstrable experience of designing a training curriculum
- Experience of code reviews
- Experience of refactoring
- Engaging personality with demonstrable experience of teaching a wide-range of students
- 2:1 or First class degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or similar technical degree.
- Amazon Web Service, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure knowledge
- Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, JUnit, GWT, Maven, Jenkins, Linux, Scripting for CLI, CICD, tool automation, etc.
- Jira, Git, Mercurial, Bitbucket
Benefits on offer
- Home working
- Flexible hours
- Free breakfast and snacks
- Private facilities
- Ping pong, pool, board games and arcade games
- Pension Contribution
- Lunch and learn sessions
- Udemy for business
Is This You?
If you fit the bill as described above do not delay – send your application to us and we will be in touch to discuss within 24 hours. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to be part of a successful, fast growing business with an extremely bright future and huge potential.
- Salary Offer 65k- 85k