IT SERVICE / SUPPORT TECHNICIAN: MANCHESTER (5 MINUTE WALK FROM STATION): £18-20k PLUS FLEXIBLE WORKING, HACK DAYS, STRUCTURED CAREER DEVELOPMENT, EQUITY, PENSION, LIFE ASSURANCE. AND MORE. FANTASTIC GROWING TECH COMPANY.
NEW ROLE DUE TO EXPANSION, GREAT ENVIRONMENT TO WORK IN.
Our client is an award-winning and fast-growing tech company.
We are seeking an IT Technician to support their Manchester office. Alongside the technical skills required, candidates will need to possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with senior level non technical stakeholders.
They offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to be part of a major success story.
- Procuring new equipment and configuring for use
- On-boarding new users with accounts
- Troubleshooting user problems, in both Windows / Linux environments with some iOS.
- Monitoring and upkeep of the existing IT-infrastructure hardware within the offices: Wi-Fi networks, desktop PC support, laptops
- Managing office network switches and wireless access points
- Managing credentials and access for third-party accounts
- Administering Video Conferencing system
- Printer management including consumable replacement
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied to desktops and laptops and kept up to date.
- Ensuring all logs for equipment and users as well as networking diagrams are maintained
- Ability to absorb new information and understand new technology quickly
- Ability to carry out several ongoing tasks simultaneously
- Preparing and moving IT equipment in accordance with desk moves
- Providing colleagues in the US offices with IT assistance where possible
Skills & Experience Required
- Ability to function in a very fast-paced environment
- Able to solve queries in calm and methodical manner.
- Some experience with Windows Active Directory
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP and network subnetting/routing
- PC Troubleshooting
- Security vulnerability and virus detection and protection
- Ability to create detailed self-help guides.
- Formal examinations in IT achieved
- Experience with G-Suite and Slack
- Experience of working with Software As A Service solutions and remote infrastructure
- Experience of one of the major public cloud vendors
- Experience of VPN solutions and remote desktop
- Experience of working with third-party suppliers.
Is This You?
If the above describes you, then we want to speak with you. Send your CV to us and if you fit the bill then we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the role and our client in more detail.
- Salary Offer £18-20k PLUS FLEXIBLE WORKING, HACK DAYS, STRUCTURED CAREER DEVELOPMENT, EQUITY, PENSION, LIFE ASSURANCE. AND MORE. FANTASTIC GROWING TECH COMPANY.