HSE MANAGER (MANUFACTURING COMPANY – NORTH WEST) SALARY £45-50K BASIC PLUS COMPANY BENEFITS. DIVISION OF A LARGE MULTINATIONAL COMPANY UNDERGOING A PERIOD OF GROWTH, INVESTMENT AND POSITIVE DEVELOPMENT.
Our client is part of a huge multinational company with operations and offices all over the world, with an innovative and high technology range of products. As part of their continued growth they are presently seeking an HSE Manager to drive a culture of health & safety at their Lancashire location.
The purpose of the SHE Manager is to lead, develop, implement, and oversee effective Health, Safety and Environmental management systems at the site, working closely with Operations personnel to achieve world class performance.
- Ensure robust systems are in place to demonstrate compliance with HSE and EA regulations, including compliance with site operating permits. Ensure regular audit system to verify compliance.
- Ensure robust systems are in place to demonstrate compliance with internal HSE standards.
- Develops and implements effective HSE Management Systems (e.g. COSHH, Environmental Compliance, Incident and near miss investigation, Risk Assessment, Emergency Response, Industrial Hygiene monitoring, Management of contractors, Management of change, Safe Systems of Work) that are appropriate in consideration of the site’s complexity and regulatory obligations.
- Serves as the primary point of contact on HSE issues at the site for regulatory authorities.
- Be a strong advocate for an injury free workplace.
- Measurements and report back at the morning meeting results and actions required.
- Interpret and ensure compliance against legal standards, codes of practice, corporate policies, established worked practices and legal requirements.
- Advise and, where relevant, participate in the SHE training of employees – Monitor safety of FLT operations with the Warehouse Supervisor and Shift Leaders.
- Establish, maintain and monitor Company Emergency procedures and contingency plans.
- To report all injuries or incidents under RIDDOR to the Health and Safety Executive. As appropriate, investigate accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses with the relevant manager and instigate action to rectify and prevent reoccurrence.
- To manage the monthly Safety Committee meeting with the Plant Manager to ensure compliance with the relevant regulatory authorities is being adhered.
- Update Group on all accidents statistics on a monthly basis. Monthly feedback to Plant Manager on accidents/incidents and any other issues relating to HSE.
- Annually prepare Risk Assessment Schedule and work with line managers to carry out risk assessments for new machines and equipment; new chemicals and process re-layout. Provide information on Risk Assessments and support the relevant process owners.
- Monitor and review PPE and workwear systems including budgets with Purchasing Assistant.
- Carry out training to ensure individuals are competent in carry out SHE inductions for all new starters working on the site in line with Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain correct quantity of fire marshals and first aid staff on site and ensure they are training to competency level and certificate. Ensure that regular fire drills are carried out.
- Ensure that all chemicals are handed and stored in accordance with COSH regulations and maintain a COSHH Register compliant with legislation. Drive COSH steering group meetings.
- To pro actively assist in the development of SHE improvement plans, with respect to existing policies and procedures with managers, to ensure that continuous improvement of the SHE systems in maintained.
- Pro-actively assist managers to drive change to maintain and improve their operations within the law, Company policies and procedures and progress towards a zero accident and incident culture.
- College/University degree in engineering, science or related discipline preferred
- NEBOSH national diploma (or certificate with strong relevant experience)
- ISO 14001 Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety legislation and current practices
- Experience working with manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated evidence of achieving cultural change within an organisation
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Effective influencing skills at all levels of an organisation from shop floor to senior management
- The job holder needs to have experience in ISO 14001 and other relevant BSI standards.
Is This You?
If the above describes you, then we want to speak with you. Send your CV to us and if you fit the bill then we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the role and our client in more detail. We have vast experence of working with this client over the course of nearly ten years, so can offer the best possible guidance and support to ensure you secure the position.
- Salary Offer £45-50K