Our client is part of a huge multinational company with operations and offices all over the world, with an innovative and high technology range of products. As part of their continued growth they are presently seeking an HSE Advisor to support their North Wales site.
The role has the responsibility for supporting delivery of the SHE improvement strategy of the site as well as execution of small projects and activities to drive improvement within the SHE field. The individual will be the subject matter expert of all topics in the field of SHE and will work closely with operational teams to achieve world class safety performance. The role holder will be a proven completer finisher and self-starter capable of leading direct and indirect reports, influencing behaviors and delivering results.
- Ensure that the site has robust systems and procedures that demonstrate compliance with all relevant national legislation in the area of SHE and that a regular audit schedule is carried out to validate compliance to regulations.
- Ensure that the site demonstrates compliance with corporate standards .
- Supports delivery of the Health, Safety & Environmental Improvement strategies in line with site & company strategy and meeting short term objectives.
- Maintain & develop the SHE pillar & subcommittee management structure to drive improvement in safety performance on site, employee engagement and reduction in risk to all employees.
- Manage communication of site safety & environmental performance to group level in line with business expectations.
- To ensure ull root cause analysis is carried out using appropriate investigation techniques on all first aid, recordable, lost time incidents and fires in event of a significant incident. Following RCA, ensure follow up of action plans & management of stakeholders to completion to prevent reoccurrence.
- Maintain occupational health monitoring campaign to ensure compliance to corporate and national standards and produce regular communications on atmospheric monitoring results to workforce.
- Manage occupational health surveillance monitoring within the site to ensure that the employees are not exposed to long term risk within the workplace and that the organization is not exposed to liability from employee behaviors.
- Ensure risk assessments are completed / maintained in line with a defined schedule or when changes are made to the process inside the workplace via a recognized change management system. Ensure timely completion of resulting action plans with relevant managers and stakeholders.
- Ensures employees are trained in SHE topics in order to meet minimum site standards in safety for each role carried out in their employment & new employees (agency, contract or permanent staff) have SHE inductions before commencing work in line with company policies.
- Ensure that the site meets, maintains & develops emergency response procedures with drills and desktop exercises that meet corporate and national emergency response standards to ensure that all personnel conduct themselves in an appropriate manner in the event of an emergency.
- Define and sponsor medium scale improvement projects to improve workplace safety standards including submission of CAPEX documentation for SHE investment.
- Coaches and guides other managers to improve / develop management styles & behaviors to improve the safety culture on site, while acting as a role model to ensure noncompliance Vs regulation in the workplace is not tolerated.
Qualifications & Experience:
The role holder will ideally hold or be working towards a NEBOSH Diploma in OHS although a NEBOSH general certificate with proven experience will be considered.
The role holder will have prior exposure to ISO14001 & ISO 18001 environmental & occupational standards.
The role holder will be able to demonstrate knowledge of UK / EU safety legislation applied under HASAWA and understand current practices in topics as diverse as machinery guarding, CE marking standards, COSHH, DSEAR etc. Experience of HSE in a manufacturing plant is hihgly desirable.
Experience of working within (USA) OSHA standards is an advantage but not essential for the role.
The role holder will be able to demonstrate experience of working with formal Management of Change systems (MOC) to reduce safety and operational risks. Formal experience in Process Safety Management techniques such as HAZOP is an advantage for the role.
The applicant should be able to demonstrate experience in application of behavioral safety management systems in order to drive an interdependent culture within a workforce.
Is This You?
If the above describes you, then we want to speak with you. Send your CV to us and if you fit the bill then we will be in touch within 24 hours to discus the role and our client in more detail.
- Salary Offer £35k BASIC WITH STRONG BENEFITS AND POTENTIAL