ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (DARTFORD): £36K PLUS EXCELLENT BENEFITS. FANTASTIC CHALLENGE AND PROSPECTS IN A PRESTIGE NEW OPERATION FOR A HOUSEHOLD NAME IN DELIVERY SERVICES.
Our client is a household name in deliveries in the UK and employs nearly 10,000 staff in the UK. There is no better time to join our client as these roles are to keep the brand new equipment running at a prestige new operation. So the roles offer a fantastic, interesting challenge and significant prospects.
Having successfully filled most of these positions there is now a further position remaining to join their new team as an Electrical Maintenance Technician / Engineer. In this role you will take accountability for ensuring that all sortation equipment on site is repaired and serviced to standards whilst keeping the downtime of machinery to a minimum, in order to avoid impacting service levels within the operation.
The new site is equipped with high spec, brand new machinery allowing them to provide an excellent level of service delivery to their customers by processing an unprecedented number of parcels.
This is a critical role to provide support and guidance to the operation team and effective functionality of the plant. If you are an engineer with electrical skills then look no further.
You will be taking part in a busy operation with tight deadlines and targets.
This is a challenging and varied role which requires an individual with excellent organisation and communication skills.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Preventative maintenance
- Electrical fault finding
- Building effective relationships with the Operation Managers
- Responding to equipment breakdowns
- Promote out health and safety policies throughout the team
- Provide effective solutions to machinery failures
- Assisting in projects when required
- Liaising with external contractors and other engineers
- Deliver high standard of housekeeping in your work area
Skills & Experience Required:
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, organised, hold a City and Guilds Electrical apprenticeship or equivalent and have the following skills:
- Knowledge of 16th or 17th Edition (IEE) electrical regulations
- Proven electrical/mechanical maintenance background
- Ability to read electrical schematic drawings
- Understanding of PLC controlled equipment
- Experience working with Invertors
- Flexible approach to shift patterns
- Understanding of health and safety legislation
- Knowledge of parcel sorting machines and conveyor systems beneficial – not essential
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
Is This You?
This is a wonderful opportunity for electrical engineering maintenance professionals on the lookout for an exciting new challenge. If you fit the bill as described above don’t delay – these roles are urgent so we will contact you discuss further within 24 hours.
- Salary Offer 36k
- Address Dartford