DEVOPS / AUTOMATION TEAM LEADER (TECH INDUSTRY – PERMANENT, MANCHESTER): NEW ROLE WITH AN EXCITING GROWING TECH BUSINESS, SALARY £65-75K DEP ON EXPERIENCE AND SENIORITY LEVEL PLUS BRILLIANT BENEFITS AND ENVIRONMENT – FLEXIBLE WORKING, HACK DAYS, EQUITY. LIFE ASSURANCE AND MORE!
We are presently seeking an Automation Specialist and DevOps Functional Leader for our client, an exciting and fast growing Tech business located in Manchester. This role is required due to the growth of their business. This is an exceptional opportunity to be a key part of the leadership team of an operational and IT function of a Tech company that is quite simply taking off, and a business that is offering huge potential for personal development.
The DevOps Team Leader role is to provide leadership for the team, and to ensure that the build/test/release automation and pipelines are delivered in a secure, robust and scalable way. The Team Leader is principally an engineer, but has responsibility for the running of the team and the coaching and development of its individual members.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Technical Authority on the initiatives owned by the Automation Engineering team. Also responsible for Issue Management, Technical Mentorship and Talent Acquisition.
- Demonstrable Linux knowledge with extensive live system experience
- Proven ability of tackling challenging projects
- Demonstrable knowledge of Databases and query languages (SQL)
- Experience in full software development life cycle from design to deployment using agile methodologies such as Kanban and ScrumAWS/GCP/Azure production SAAS experience
- High availability application design and deployment experience
- Python or equivalent scripting language experience
- CI/CD setup and management
- Configuration management with Ansible/SaltCloud automation with Cloudformation or Terraform
- Experience with source code control systems (Git or Mercurial)
Technical Leadership Involves
- Developing new skills within the team through coaching and delegation
- Identifying and feeding back areas of improvement and strengths and being knowledgeable about the team
- Encouraging others to partake in technical discussions and increase team inquisitiveness
- Advise and encourage on the job development and external development opportunities
- Explain, demonstrate and engage fellow team members
- Facilitating learning lunches, release planning and debrief sessions
- Holding retrospectives and identifying themes for change or improvement
Team Management Responsibilities
Establish recruiting needs within the team to ensure balance of upcoming talent and experience. Participate in the complete recruitment process. Perform effective one-to-ones with direct reports and supporting with regular, effective one-to-one discussions across the development team, Also manage team performance and identify appropriate controls and measures for strong levels of employee engagement.
Is This You?
If you fit the bill as described above do not delay – send your application to us and we will be in touch to discuss within 24 hours. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to be part of a successful, fast growing business with an extremely bright future and huge potential.
- Salary Offer 65k-75k