PLANT CONTROL & INSTRUMENT ENGINEER (MANUFACTURING SITE – NORTH WEST) SALARY £42-45K BASIC PLUS COMPANY BENEFITS. DIVISION OF A LARGE MULTINATIONAL COMPANY UNDERGOING A PERIOD OF GROWTH, INVESTMENT AND POSITIVE DEVELOPMENT.
Our client is part of a huge multinational company with operations and offices all over the world, with an innovative and high technology range of products. As part of their continued growth they are presently seeking a Control Engineer for their Lancashire / Merseyside site.
Provide electrical & control engineering support to the continuous manufacturing operation and to ensure that the manufacturing operation meets the needs of the business.
Ensuring the legal compliance of equipment with relevant legislation e.g. health & safety, electrical installation regulations.
Designing and implementing systems to continuously improve the operation of the equipment.
Appraising existing systems, evaluating their efficiency & effectiveness and making recommendations to improve.
Installation and commissioning of new equipment.
Identifying and implementing technical solutions to address manufacturing issues and to improve plant safety, efficiency & availability.
Designing electrical & control schemes.
- Support the day to day site operation and maintenance needs
- Delivery of the site capital plan, leading electrical and control elements of capital projects, organising workload effectively to ensure that objectives meet the required timescales.
- Liaise with external suppliers and internal personnel, to establish technical data, and specifications for capital equipment, new processes, services, installation and modifications
- Reliability, efficiency and safety of control & electrical systems
- Ensure the successful execution of capital projects from conception to handover
- Ensure that all work complies with relevant legislation including for example, the Machinery and IPPC Directives
- Ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner and in compliance with in-house procedures
- Take responsibility for contractors working on projects or other specified tasks on site
- To ensure all associated documentation is produced and maintained in an up to date condition.
- Management of software & licenses
Skills & Experience Required
The applicant must be able to work with a range of systems within manufacturing facilities including:
Allen Bradley PLC’s
RS View SCADA Packages
Power Distribution both HV and LV
AC and DC Drives
Set-up and management of various communication protocols.
Is This You?
If the above describes you, then we want to speak as soon as possible – this is an urgent position to be filled. Send your CV to us and if you fit the bill then we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the role and our client in more detail. We have over ten years experience working with this customer, so can offer the best possible guidance and support to ensure you secure the position.
- Salary Offer £42-45K