GAMING SENIOR AI PROGRAMMER AND AI PROGRAMMER – FIRST PERSON SHOOTER: (MANCHESTER OR FRANKFURT): £40-63K PLUS EXCELLENT BENEFITS, FLEXIBLE HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT. GROWING EUROPEAN GAME DEVELOPER.
Our client is an exciting growing game developer, currently expanding their Manchester office. As part of that growth we are seeking a Senior AI Programmer to be a key part of their team, working on the continuing developmnet of a high profile game.
• Work with existing engine code base to develop and enhance game play. This includes player / world interaction, AI strategies and rules, game play etc.
• Develop game code and extend AI code for a high profile game
• Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code
• Collaborate with team members to develop various gameplay systems
• Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed
• Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards
• Document and peer review technical designs with other software engineers
• Work with QA, providing information needed to fully test developed code
• Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies
• Actively participate in team working on project by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity
• Provide input to department project status meetings
• Work well together with other team members in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment
• Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
• Possess and develop areas of engineering expertise
• Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their abilities and productivity
Skills & Experience Required
• 5+ years professional game production experience
• Shipped (from pre-production to release) 2-3+, large scale, 3D titles (PC, current/next-gen consoles)
• Excellent understanding of C++
• Strong software engineering and debugging skills
• Experience with current console and PC development processes
• Experience with state-of-the-art game development tools and methods
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Experience programming game features and systems, especially player-visible game features
• Knowledge of 3D mathematics
• Strong multi-threaded programming skills
• Continue to enhance programming and communications skills
• Expert in time management, verbal and written communication skills
• Focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion
• Keep a positive team-oriented attitude
• Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision
• Ability to complete tasks to a consistent high quality standard within given time constraints
• Excellent English communication and written skills
• Knowledge of CryENGINE and/or Lumberyard.
• Lua and/or Python development skills
• Online game and/or MMO development experience, including client/server development of game features
• Strong interest in science fiction based themes
• Space combat sim development experience
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, a similar degree or comparable experience
• Previous experience in a combat, melee or shooter based game
Is This You?
If you fit the bill as described above this is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading games company on the development of a high profile and exciting name. Send your Cv to us and we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the role and company in further detail.